J.S. BACH - UNACCOMPANIED CELLO SUITES (COMPLETE)
The six Cello Suites, BWV 1007-1012, are suites for unaccompanied cello by Johann Sebastian Bach. They are some of the most frequently performed and recognizable solo compositions ever written for cello. Bach most likely composed them during the period 1717-23, when he served as Kapellmeister in Köthen. The title given on the cover of the Anna Magdalena Bach manuscript was Suites à Violoncello Solo senza Basso (Suites for cello solo without bass).
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Deluxe trifold gatefold sleeve with gloss laminate
- Liner notes by Peter Eliot Stone
- 1985 Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance
- Yo-Yo Ma performed the Bach Unaccompanied Cello Suites in its entirety - nearly three hours - in London at The Proms concert to more than 5,000 people.
|Catalog # : MOVCL062||Format : 3 LP, 180 gram||Releasedate : 2020-11-06|
|Barcode : 8719262015418||Sleeve : Gatefold||Original Release : 1983|