Rings Around the World, an album that recaptured the cohesive, experimental feel of the Super Furry Animals Guerrilla but more song-driven and sonically expansive. The first single was a good indication of what was to come: "Juxtapozed With U", released in July 2001, and made it to the charts (#14). The record following this success a few month later was the first album by any artist to be simultaneously released on both audio and video. The eclectic record incorporated prog, punk, techno, pop and death metal. Different musicians added their talents to this record, including Paul McCartney and John Cale. The overall result is a timeless masterpiece, layered and textured, and one of the finest releases of 2002.
The Rings Around the World package contains lots of extras: a one-sided 7" single with locked groove of a sample of "All The Shit U Do", 4 page booklet with lyrics and credits, and inside-outplay of side three. This release is available as a limited edition of 1.500 individually numbered copies on coloured (pink & purple mixed) vinyl.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve
- 4 page booklet with lyrics and credits
- Contains exclusive one-sided 7" single with locked groove of a sample of "All The Shit U Do"
- Side Three plays inside-out
- Feat. "Juxtapozed with U", "(Drawing) Rings Around the World" and "It's Not the End of the World?"
- Mojo's number 1 album of 2001
- Limited edition of 1.500 individually numbered copies on coloured (pink & purple mixed) vinyl
Official website: http://www.superfurry.com/