From executive producers Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Marc Platt, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron comes NBC's live musical, the groundbreaking rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert starring John Legend as Jesus, Alice Cooper as Herod and Sara Bareilles as Mary Magdalene along with Tony nominee Brandon Victor Dixon (Hamilton) as Judas Iscariot. This globally celebrated classic was aired on NBC on Easter Sunday 2018 and amazed with jaw-dropping spectacle and an all-star cast of beloved recording artists.
Conceived as a concept album, the original 1970 recording of Jesus Christ Superstar includes the hit songs "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "I Don't Know How to Love Him" and went to #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart in 1971. It was nominated for three Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year, and ranked number one in album sales on the year-end chart ahead of Carole King's massive hit Tapestry. The first Broadway production, starring Ben Vereen, opened in 1971 and garnered five Tony nominations in addition to winning a Drama Desk Award for Andrew Lloyd Webber. It is also fondly remembered for the 1973 Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated film that featured a new song, "Could We Start Again, Please?" that is included in the live broadcast and on the soundtrack.
The release is available as a limited edition of 750 numbered copies on gold vinyl. The package includes a 4-page booklet.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve
- PVC protective sleeve
- Original Soundtrack of the 2018 NBC Television Event feat. John Legend, Alice Cooper, Sara Bareilles, Victor Dixon and many more
- Produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, and Marc Platt
- Including a 4-page booklet
- Multiple Primetime Emmy Award winning musical, top 3 in Billboard
- Limited edition of 750 numbered copies on gold vinyl
Official website: www.nbc.com/jesus-christ-superstar