FOUR ALICE COMEDIES =MUSIC BY PAUL DESSAU (COMPOSER), HANS E. ZIMMER (CONDUCTOR) AND RIAS SINFONIETTA (ORCHESTRA)=
The Alice Comedies are a series of Animated/live-action shorts created by Walt Disney in the 1920s, in which a live action little girl named Alice (originally played by Virginia Davis) and an animated cat named Julius have adventures in an animated landscape.
The Magic Clock is a whirlwind mishmash of motifs that 1 draws on an unusually wide range of sources: Hoffman's The Nutcracker and medieval romances working cheek by jowl with Arabian Nights, Ovid, Midsummer Night's Dream, Peter Pan, Mallarme's “Afternoon of a Faun,” and Novalis' blue flower.
Paul Dessau was a German composer and conductor. He composed operas, scenic plays, incidental music, ballets, symphonies and other works for orchestra, and pieces for solo instruments as well as vocal music.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Insert with liner notes + images from the animated series
- PVC protective sleeve
- Available on vinyl for the first time
- Music written for Walt Disneys 1920's animated series “Alice Comedies” and for the Magic Clock by Ladislaw Starewicz
- Music by Paul Dessau (composer), Hans E. Zimmer (conductor) & RIAS Sinfonietta (Orchestra)
- Paul Dessau is best known for collaborations with Bertolt Brecht
- Limited 25th anniversary edition of 500 individually numbered copies on transparent pink coloured vinyl
|Catalog # : MOVATM320||Format : 1 LP, 180 gram||Releasedate : 2021-09-10|
|Barcode : 8719262018617||Sleeve : 3mm||Original Release : 1926|