Hunter S. Thompson's weird and hallucinatory book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was in 1998 translated to the screen by director Terry Gilliam, and stars Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro as Raoul Duke and Dr. Gonzo. The film details the duo's journey through Las Vegas as their initial journalistic intentions devolve into an exploration of the city under the influence of psychoactive substances. The music is perfectly fitting in the psychedelic story of the movie. It contains songs used in the film with sound bites of the film before each song. The psychedelic and classic rock songs on the soundtrack include songs from Big Brother and the Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, Buffalo Springfield, and the Dead Kennedys. The movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was a financial failure, but later gained a cult following and was eventually included in many “best of” movie lists.
The 21st anniversary Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas edition is available for the first time on vinyl, as a limited individually numbered edition of 2500 copies pressed on “Bat Country” black vinyl. This release got a laser etched D-side and secret inscriptions in the run-out grooves. Besides, it contains an exclusive fold-out movie poster.
- 180-gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve
- PVC protective sleeve
- 21ST-anniversary edition, first time on vinyl
- Music from Big Brother & The Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, dialogues from the movie and many more songs
- Laser etched D-side, includes fold-out limited poster
- Secret inscriptions in run-out grooves
- Iconic movie starring Johnny Depp and Benecio Del Toro adapted from Hunter S. Thompson's book
- Limited individually numbered edition of 2500 copies on “Bat Country” black vinyl
- Also available as a standard edition (8719262012516)