Back to Titanic is the second soundtrack album released for the award winning movie Titanic. Composer James Horner created a new suite of light and dark music to represent the "soul" of his music. The inspiration they used to compose the original score formed the basis of the new pieces Horner developed for this soundtrack. It contains a piano solo performed by James Horner in "The Portrait" and also newly recorded suites by the London Symphony Orchestra and the Choristers of King's College. The first highlight is the 19 minute clocking opening suite, which captures the essence of the film. The other big suite is the final track, called "Epilogue - The Deep and Timeless Sea". James Horner returns to the main Titanic theme in a subtle way, honouring the losses of the disaster.
The Back to Titanic package includes a 4 page booklet, replicas of the original Titanic launch card and boarding pass, and got a gatefold sleeve with metallic embossing. Back to Titanic is available on vinyl for the first time and pressed on 5.000 numbered copies on gold vinyl.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve with metallic embossing
- 4 page booklet
- Replica of Original Titanic Launch Card
- Replica of Original Titanic Boarding Pass
- Score by James Horner, feat. Máire Brennan, I Salonisti, Gaelic Storm and Eileen Ivers
- Includes Academy Award Winning Song "My Heart Will Go On" (Dialogue Mix) by Celine Dion
- First pressing of 5.000 numbered copies on gold vinyl
- First time available on vinyl
- 20th Anniversary
- Biggest drama movie of the 90s
Official website: https://www.paramount.com/movies/titanic