Live spikes their third album Secret Samadhi with Eastern-tinged strings, sitars, and powerful guitars. It took its name from Samadhi, a state of Hindu meditation. The album is co-produced by the band and Jay Healy and debuted in 1997 at number one on the charts.
Secret Samadhi contains four modern rock hit singles including "Lakini's Juice", "Rattlesnake", "Turn My Head" and "Freaks". The first hit "Lakini's Juice" opens with some abrasive staccato guitar and features an orchestra towards the end.
During the Worldwide Reunion Tour 2017 by Live, two of their in-demand albums will finally be made available on vinyl again. The 1997 double album Secret Samadhi and the 1999 album The Distance To Here [MOVLP1886] will follow-up the Throwing Copper [MOVLP414] release pressed in 2012 by Music On Vinyl.
Since the reunion is a special moment for the band and fans, Music On Vinyl believes there is no better way than celebrating the tour by repressing the two albums and making these epic releases for fans and listeners finally available on vinyl again.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Includes poster with song lyrics and credits
- Special "drip-off colour" sleeve
- 20th Year Anniversary Edition
- Featuring the hit songs "Lakini's Juice", "Rattlesnake", "Turn My Head" and "Freaks"
- Limited first pressing of 2.000 numbered copies on Silver vinyl
Official website: www.freaks4live.com